Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker
The foldable FP-205 automatic proofing and slow cooker is a further development of the well-known FP-201. It has an even better temperature accuracy and a slow cooker mode. The production of the FP-201 has therefore been discontinued.
The Brod & Taylor automatic proofing machine can be stored in a space-saving way and is ready for use again in just a few steps. The FP-205 can be used continuously (our Black Garlic recipe lasts 3-4 weeks) to provide you with temperatures from approx. 21 °C to 90 °C.
Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker
One Appliance. Endless Uses.
One Pot Slow Cooking.
Convenient space-saving desig.
Your favourite pot is now your favourite slow cooker.
Breadmaker’s Dream Machine.
Accurate temperature control. Consistent humidity.The consistent low-temperature warmth is perfect for breadmakers.
Ultimate solution for fermenting and culturing. Explore a new world of fermented foods from kombucha to tempeh.
Folds Flat for Storage
Spacious enough to hold several loaves of bread, an 7,5 Litre stock pot or 9 Litres of yogurt, yet folds down flat for storage in seconds. Fits in a kitchen drawer or pantry with sheet pans and cutting boards. Rack and water tray store inside when closed.
- Temperature range: 21°-49º C in proofing mode & up to 90º C in slow cooking mode
- Aluminum water tray (typical humidity 60-80%)
- Anodised aluminum heating plate
- Stainless steel wire rack
- Reinforced polypropylene body, large viewing window
- Operating instructions with recipe booklet
- Max. 200W power consumption
- Voltage: 220-240 V, 50 Hz (200 watts)
- Weight: 3.4 kg, weight with packaging 4.3 kg
- Interior (open) WxDxH: 38 x 32 x 20 cm (21.5cm high without rack)
- Exterior (open) WxDxH: 46 x 37 x 27 cm (18″ x 14.5″ x 10.5″)
- Exterior (folded) WxDxH: 46 x 37 x 8 cm (18″ x 14.5″ x 3″)
- 3 years
- Model FP-205 Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker replaces the FP-201 Folding Proofer. The FP-205 retains and improves upon all the beloved features of the FP-201 and now also comes with a Slow Cook mode.
See FAQs for more information.
- Storage: Rack, water tray and proofer walls fit inside Folding Proofer for storage.
- Mains cable: You will receive an EU Schuko plug (as shown). We also have plugs for other countries such as. E.g. Great Britain & Ireland in stock. Please contact us if you require a different cable.
- All removable parts are dishwasher safe.
How it Works: Proofer Mode
Accurate Low-Temperature Warmth for Bread, Yogurt, DIY Superfoods, and Tempering Chocolate
The Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer creates an environment of consistent low-temperature warmth that is vital for many kitchen processes. Gentle and consistent radiant heat rises from the aluminum base plate. Digital temperature controls provide settings from 21–49C.
A thermostat in the base of the Proofer controls the heat within a narrow range, making the Proofer much more consistent than yogurt makers, dehydrators, or ovens on proof settings. Food is warmed with radiant heat from the base and is generally stable within several degrees.
Proofer Mode – Humid
For rising bread, humidity may be increased by using the included water tray (typical humidity is 60-80%).
Proofer Mode – Dry
The Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer used in Dry Mode is best for making yogurt, chocolate, butter, tempeh, kifir, kombucha, sour cream, creme fraiche, cheese, and natto. Simply remove the water tray and place containers on the rack above the heating plate.
How it Works: Slow Cooker Mode
The first slow cooker in the world: Folds down to just 8cm thickness!
The Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker used in the Slow Cook Mode is best for traditional slow cooking, making black garlic, and sous vide cooking. Simply place your metal covered metal pot directly on the heating plate.
For slow cooking in the Proofer both the rack and the water tray are removed. Set the temperature on the digital panel according to what is specified in the Brod & Taylor recipe you are preparing. Brod & Taylor Slow Cooking recipes link here.